Enhance Financial Inclusion and Consumer Protection
Restore Investor and Consumer Confidence
Protect Depositor's Savings
Limit Predatory Lending and Unethical Practices
UMRA – is an autonomous Government Agency
Expected to promote a sound and sustainable non-banking financial institution’s sector (savings and credit cooperatives, village saving and loan associations, non-deposit taking microfinance institutions and money lenders) to enhance financial inclusion, financial stability, and financial consumer protection among the lower income population in Uganda
We are mandated to serve in these capacities.
Check out some of our Frequently Asked Questions.
* Currently the Money Lenders set their own interest rates until the Minister empowered through the Tier 4 Microfinance Institutions and Money Lenders Act 2016 under Section 90 (1) to prescribe the maximum Interest rate which a money Lender is to charge.
* A certificate of incorporation
* Forms of particulars of directors and secretary
* Particulars of the address
* copies of national identity cards for directors and the secretary; and
* Evidence of payment of the fees prescribed in schedule 1 to these Regulations.